Skip to main content

(253) 272-1843


rss feedemail usour twitterour facebook page linkdin youtubetumbler
Business Insurance tacoma

SR 22 Insurance Tacoma, Olympia, Auburn, Lakewood, and SEATAC

SR22 Insurance tacoma

SR-22 insurance Tacoma

SR-22 insurance helps drivers get back on the road. You may need an SR22 INSURANCE in Tacoma because of too many tickets, a DUI ticket, driving without insurance, an uninsured accident just to name a few. An SR22 INSURANCE TACOMA proves to the state that you are carrying the necessary insurance in Tacoma. Usually it is needed for approximately 3 years. 

sr22 Insurance Tacoma, WA

What is financial responsibility? It’s proof you have a way to pay for any damages you may cause while driving.

Who needs to file proof of financial responsibility?

Anyone who has:

  • Been convicted of, or forfeited bail for, certain offenses.

  • Failed to pay judgments.

  • Driven or owned a vehicle involved in an accident.

What is considered acceptable proof?

You have 3 options:

How long do I have to provide proof of financial responsibility?

In most cases, 3 years from the date you’re eligible to reinstate your license. See Learn how to reinstate your license to find out how long you need to have proof of financial responsibility.

sr22 Insurance Tacoma

Related information

Most state laws requires you to keep an SR-22 Tacoma, in effect for 3 years from the ending date of a suspension requiring an SR-22 or for 3 years and 33 days from the date of a driving uninsured conviction.
If {you are required to|you have to|you need to|you must|it is necessary to|you have got to} prove "future responsibility" by having an SR-22 on file with your State Agency, a copy of your insurance card is not acceptable. An insurance card is required by law to be carried in any vehicle operated on most State highways; an SR-22 Tacoma certificate is required by law to be filed with the State agency, and is posted to your driving record.
These State agencies monitors compliance of your SR-22 Tacoma requirement. If you let it lapse for any reason, the insurance company must notify that State agency,and your driving privileges will then be suspended.
If your driving privileges have been suspended because you did not get an SR-22 Tacoma certificate and you later get insurance, be sure you do not drive until an SR-22 certificate is on file with DMV and your driving privileges have been reinstated. Please note that an SR-22 filing is made on the date it is received by DMV if it is received during regular business hours. An SR-22 Tacoma filed with DMV must be an original, not a copy.

Out of State Filing of SR-22 Tacoma, WA

You will probably need to file an SR-22 certificate with your home state, if you live out of state. Most states record all suspensions on a national computer system. Most state laws prohibits the governing agency from clearing the national system before all requirements are met, including an SR-22 Tacoma  filing. Most states check the national system prior to, or after issuing you a driver license. Most states will cancel or suspend your driving privileges if you are suspended in another state.
For information on which companies do business in your state you may contact your state insurance commisioner's office, or your local motor vehicle state agency.

Jerry Hallman - Auto Insurance Tacoma, BUSINESS CARD


Mon       8:30 am - 6:30 pm     
Tue        8:30 am - 6:30 pm     
Wed       8:30 am - 6:30 pm     
Thu        8:30 am - 6:30 pm     
Fri          8:30 am - 6:30 pm       

Sat & Sun by apt. only / Closed

rss feedemail usour twitterour facebook page linkdin youtubetumbler
Jerry Hallman Insurance Agency, Inc.
1712 6TH AVE, STE 200
Tacoma, WA 98405
253-272-1843 (Office)
253-830-5765 (fax)
877-210-7456 (Toll Free)
Site Mailing List  Sign Guest Book  View Guest Book 

Farmers Registered Agents are registered with and securities are offered through Farmers Financial Solutions, LLC (In NY: Farmers Financial Solutions and Insurance Agency), 30801 Agoura Rd. Bldg. 1 Agoura Hills, CA 91301. Member FINRA & SIPC. Farmers Registered Agents may only offer products in states where they are currently licensed and/or registered. Not all products are available in all states. Farmers Financial Solutions, LLC and Farmers Registered Agents are not tax or legal advisors. Consult your tax or legal advisor regarding your personal situation.